Minutes of the Plan Commission meeting held on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 pursuant to notice duly given.
1. Meeting called to order by Mayor Fulton at 4:00 p.m.
2. Roll call: Mayor Fulton, Robert Mommaerts, Director of Public Services; Kale Proksch, Park & Recreation Director, Terri Berth, Alderperson, Bob Bake, John Matravers and Mike Werner Citizens members. Also present: Ed Whealon representing the Oconto Yacht Club and John Wittkopf, Alderperson.
3. Moved by Bake seconded by Werner to approve of the agenda as presented.
4. Moved by Bake seconded by Matravers to approve and place on file as typed the Plan Commission minutes from the 1/11/2011 meeting.
Motion carried upon verbal voice vote. 7 ayes
5. No correspondence or public appearances.
6. Discussion on conditional use permit for the Oconto Yacht Club (OYC) to allow for nor more than three campers or motor homes by members of the OYC with the following contingency: Boating seasons for camping purposes defined as April 1st to October 31st; this permit will be reviewed on an annual basis; no more than three campers or motor homes of club members will be allowed at one time; no storage or motor homes or campers after boating seasons; and the camping site will be on the North end between the woods and GL 2 along Spies Road as shown on the map that was submitted with the request.
Moved by Mommaerts seconded by Bake to renew the conditional use permit for another year.
Discussion. Whealon handed out rules for parking of campers and motor homes that were adopted by the OYB Board of Directors on 7/11/2010; Whealon stated the OYC doesn’t plan on doing anything more than what was approved last year; Mayor complimented the OYC on abiding on what was agreed last year; Whealon stated the OYC would like to look at maybe a two year conditional permit for next year; Mayor stated we’ll keep it at one year;
Vote on motion. 7 ayes
7. No meeting scheduled at this time, one will be called as needed.
8. Moved by Bake seconded by Proksch to adjourn. 7 ayes
Meeting adjourned at 4:08 p.m.
Minutes submitted by
Linda M. Belongia,