1. Minutes of the Special Council Meeting held on Tuesday, August 16th, 2011.
2. Roll call: Mayor Fulton, Ed Young, Roger Reed, John Wittkopf, Al Schreiber, Joe Stiloski, Marlene Zahn, Dick Doeren, Terri Berth, Joe Paluch, Jack Maas and Atty. Calvert. Also present: Don Phillips, Dick Jacquart, Brent Hill, Jack Mlnarik, Dale and Chris Carper and Linda Belongia Administrator as recording secretary.
3. Invocation and pledge of allegiance by Alderperson Schreiber.
4. Moved by Doeren seconded by Zahn to approve of the agenda as presented.
Motion carried upon verbal voice vote 10 ayes
5. Correspondence/public input: Victoria Bostedt stated every ward should have representation; looked this week, she lives on 3rd Street; 2nd, 3rd and 5th sidewalks will be removed; concern with children, would like to see 65% - 35% to help with payment of the walks; should be looked on agenda for BPW, worried about kids, spoke with three alderperson about her concerns on this;
a. Mayor Fulton called Retired Police Chief Dale Carper to the front of the room; presented him his retirement plaque;
6. Discussion/action on revision Sec 2-1-6 Wards for the City of Oconto Municipal Code of Ordinances; Schreiber stated he polled some of neighbors and they want to stay with wards; Maas state he like to stay all at large; Schreiber stated look at the representation;
Moved by Wittkopf seconded by Maas have alderpersons all at large.
Schreiber stated living in the area…easy way out.
Motion carried upon electronically recorded vote 10 ayes
7. Committee of the Whole, Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.
8. Moved by Zahn seconded Wittkopf to adjourn.
Meeting adjourned at 5:55 p.m.
Minutes submitted by
Linda M. Belongia,